LodeCentral
Sign in to follow this  
VulpesGraham (Cody)

Skyrim-stormcloaks

PLEASE READ FULL TOPIC BEFORE COMMENTING,THANK YOU.                                                               

I was watching a video about this topic and i found this post in the comments, the video was about how the stormcloaks were like a kinda kkk white's are best super rasict ect,ect. so i thought i'd share it here (i don't think anyone else cares,) so here it is: (sorry its really long)

One of the biggest misconceptions people have about the Stormcloaks is that they are racist, this is utterly untrue, they dislike people who prey upon the innocent and they are primarily Nord, as such they tend to be suspicious of outsiders at first.
The comment many Nord guards, both imperial and Stormcloak say about the Orc strongholds being an affront to their people is rightly justified, just go to one of these strongholds as any race other than orc without being accepted as blood kin and they tell you how much you are not welcome and that they only respect their own kind.

The dunmer, you said Greyquarter and ended the comment with that, but you do not know the story, you glanced as the cover of the book and judged it from the artwork.

The dunmer who were welcomed into Windhelm during the red year kept to themselves, not wanting to associate with the nords who they saw as being beneath them, most of them moved into the area known as the snow quarter until eventually they were the only people that lived in that section of the city, they viewed this total occupation as a victory for their kind. a century and a half later when the Civil war broke out and people were called upon to aid the hold, the Dunmer held to the old decree of monument which permits Dunmer to be self-governed and untithed to any hold, this decree was meant to give them support while they were refugees and was never meant to be permanent, but it wasn't specified so an exploit they had found. well, Ulfric played their own game against them, they enjoyed non taxed living in windhelm and had not to pay any honour to the community, but they were to be self governed as long as they held to that Decree, as such Ulfric generously relinquished ownership of the Snow quarter to the dunmer population, they were now the governing authority there and as such the government of windhelm would no longer interfere with their conduct... including maintenance, which the dunmer saw as being beneath them to do, so in protest did nothing and quickly descended into Squalor.

The Argonians were treated amazingly well by Ulfric, no he didn't make them slaves to work on the dock, they found their jobs on their own, and their treatment is fully based on and implemented by their manager Suvaris Atheron, who in her journal mentions she starves them and she constantly remarks how lazy and useless they are... you should know Suvaris, she's the Dunmer woman arguing with two Nords the first time you enter Windhelm.
Sorry, a bit of a rabbit trail there, back to Ulfric, he provided a shelter in the packed city of Windhelm for them, it was an unused warehouse converted to a type of homeless shelter for them, spending a little time in there and you can see, it's not bad, even some of the conversations that come up about it being not much but being better than living on the streets... "*Living* on the Streets"! even a nord finds it cold on the streets of windhelm, can you imagine amphibians like the argonians out there? I imagine them huddled around the fires, in the morning a wagon coming by to carry away those who froze to death over night... is the shelter that bad, no!
Don't forget that the argonians are not forbidden from entering the city, just from living on the streets inside the walls, much like homeless people are forbidden from living in ATM rooms at banks, and even in the game you can sometimes see Argonians in the city, even one mentioning going to the market.

You said the Stormcloaks hate the Altmer, this is untrue, they hate the thalmor who just so happen to be Altmer, infact Ulfricrecently sold a house in windhelm to an Altmer woman, and a very respected Alchemist in Windhelm is also Altmer, the two stable masters have no complaints (well, his wife doesn't like how boring horses are xD).
To say the Stormcloaks hate the Altmer race based on their hate of the thalmor is like saying someone hates white people if they hate the nazis.

Now about the Stormcloaks redeeming characteristics, how about their opposition to the dominion and quest to bring freedom and equality to all the people of Skyrim, yes the are nationalistic, many call this patriotism, it is not a bad quality, they stand for the freedom of their land and the right to govern it free of the empire, some people say the Stormcloaks will kick all people who are not Nord out of the country or make them a lower cast in society, what we see from the Stormcloaks is quite the opposite, and argonian becomes the steward of a hold as well as a dunmer, these are high positions to be held by an outsider and clearly show they do not judge on race, a few notable Stormcloaks even mention You do not have to be a Nord to fight for Skyrims freedom, and even recommend you go to windhelm to join in the fight, also they have no mistrust of outsiders (Ralof and Solaf).

Now your character, yes the empire has been good to the orcs in the past, so to were they to the Nords, but that changed when the empire sided with the thalmor, the thalmor who view all other races as inferior mongrel races to be purged.. they already have started this in valenwood, the bosmer in the dominion have been relegated to a disposable servant caste and they aren't that far removed from the Altmer, imagine what they would do to the orcs? but, Orcs are known to be very racist and nationalistic (notably the Stornghold Orcs), and your character being from a stronghold could have that ingrained into her persona, not caring about the future, only the present, and only as it directly effects her people.
the choice is yours, if you decide to oppose the thalmor and join the Stormcloaks, support them by joining the empire or stay neutral as they don't directly effect your people right now is your call, but remember, even a Dunmer or Khjiit that Joins the Stormcloaks will eventually be honoured with a covenant with Ulfric Stormcloak where he calls you brother giving you part of his name in your title and declaring you, regardless of race a true nord and the truest of Stomcloaks

"You do not have to be born of this land to have the love for it seep into your veins, those who do are true sons and daughters of Skyrim"

oh and heres the video 

the stormcloaks are racist though. they call the khajiit cats, the argonians lizards, and the dark elves gray skins. if they were racist then why would ulfric (jarl of windhelm so that means he has power in the city to help these people) keep the argonians in the docks and the dark elves in the slums??

Did you even read it? cause it states against that 

and its not the stormcloak the call khajiit cats its the nords, and the dunmer have grey skin. its like calling someone with white skin white. 

The Argonians were treated amazingly well by Ulfric, no he didn't make them slaves to work on the dock, they found their jobs on their own, and their treatment is fully based on and implemented by their manager Suvaris Atheron, who in her journal mentions she starves them and she constantly remarks how lazy and useless they are... you should know Suvaris, she's the Dunmer woman arguing with two Nords the first time you enter Windhelm.
Sorry, a bit of a rabbit trail there, back to Ulfric, he provided a shelter in the packed city of Windhelm for them, it was an unused warehouse converted to a type of homeless shelter for them, spending a little time in there and you can see, it's not bad, even some of the conversations that come up about it being not much but being better than living on the streets... "*Living* on the Streets"! even a nord finds it cold on the streets of windhelm, can you imagine amphibians like the argonians out there? I imagine them huddled around the fires, in the morning a wagon coming by to carry away those who froze to death over night... is the shelter that bad, no!
Don't forget that the argonians are not forbidden from entering the city, just from living on the streets inside the walls, much like homeless people are forbidden from living in ATM rooms at banks, and even in the game you can sometimes see Argonians in the city, even one mentioning going to the market.

The dunmer who were welcomed into Windhelm during the red year kept to themselves, not wanting to associate with the nords who they saw as being beneath them, most of them moved into the area known as the snow quarter until eventually they were the only people that lived in that section of the city, they viewed this total occupation as a victory for their kind. a century and a half later when the Civil war broke out and people were called upon to aid the hold, the Dunmer held to the old decree of monument which permits Dunmer to be self-governed and untithed to any hold, this decree was meant to give them support while they were refugees and was never meant to be permanent, but it wasn't specified so an exploit they had found. well, Ulfric played their own game against them, they enjoyed non taxed living in windhelm and had not to pay any honour to the community, but they were to be self governed as long as they held to that Decree, as such Ulfric generously relinquished ownership of the Snow quarter to the dunmer population, they were now the governing authority there and as such the government of windhelm would no longer interfere with their conduct... including maintenance, which the dunmer saw as being beneath them to do, so in protest did nothing and quickly descended into Squalor.

The khajiit (my second favorite race) are cat people shrouded in mystery  so most human races don't know lots about them and most don't even know that they come in different shapes , styles , and sizes because of the phase of the moons, and only know the most common style the suthay-raht. Some don't even know what the race's formal name is so they call them the thing they see them as Cats. so its not being racist its just because they don't know their formal name

Ok I probably should've stated that calling the Khajiit a bunch of cats is racist in the Elder Scrolls universe.

Racial slurs for Khajiit: Cat, rug, carpet

Racial slurs for Argonians: Lizard, boots

Racial slurs for Dark Elves: Gray skins (I don't care too much for playing as them so I don't really know a lot about them)

I think you can understand why being called a rug, carpet, or a pair of boots could be demeaning, but what about cat or lizard? The reason these terms are demeaning is because cats and lizards are of a lower status. Sure, the Khajiit and Argonians probably evolved from cats and lizards (I think Argonians evolved from the Hists, which are sentient trees) but how would you like to be called Ape? Or monkey?

I'm not really sure why gray skin is a slur for Dark elves, but why is ch*nk a slur for Asian people who have monolids(although it has expanded to other Asian races)? Like if someone called me g*ok, I understand that it is a racist slur. There's no need for the word itself to be something like stupid or idiot. It's the connotation behind the word, not the denotation. (If someone is confused as to why someone would call me g*ok, the reason is because I'm half Asian.)

(Also if a mod sees this and it's not allowed for me to put the slurs even censored out, I'll remove them if I'm told. Not just a mod, if anyone is offended by me saying them, even censored, I will remove them.)

I've only heard bandits say "you'll make a fine rug cat" and what would you say when in battle " your fur looks fine today khajiit"? I'm not saying the stormcloaks are the better of the 2 factions ( I happen to love the empire in the other games but they did kinda want to remove my head from my body) I was just saying ( or someone else saying) how the stormcloaks aren't racist and why they may Seem that way. ( uhg I hate typing with iPhones.)

Walking around towns, my character has been called cat and rug. She did nothing to provoke these comments. It is from both guards and civilians. What I remember the best is someone hesitating to call her cat. "What are you doing... cat?" is what I remember being said, but it may have been slightly different.

In the first post you made in this thread, you stated, "...but remember, even a Dunmer or Khjiit that Joins the Stormcloaks will eventually be honoured with a covenant with Ulfric Stormcloak where he calls you brother giving you part of his name in your title and declaring you, regardless of race a true nord and the truest of Stomcloaks." Why can't Ulfric say that you are a true [insert whatever race you are] and a true stormcloak. That in itself is racist. To equate it to real life, what if someone called my mother (who is Asian and from Asia) a true white person and true American. The true American part makes sense, but the true white person part? How would that make any sense?

Like I said cat isn't racist. And are all guards stormcloak? The nords don't really trust outsiders so they'll be rude and distrusting. And one the topic of racist the dunmer are a super racist race, I really can't explain it so you'll either have to trust me on it or look it up on a wiki and Lore books. ( I really can't comment well on an iPhone and my PC isn't working)

And true nord means like you have the heart of any other nord

" a true white person and true American " no that's not how it would be it would be like " a true American and a. True us ( insert beach of the armed forces) because the stormcloaks are an army not a people

It's not racist maybe a bit ignorant. And it's not just nords that call khajiit it's every race except khajiit.

This is about the Stormcloaks and so far most of what you said doesn't just go to Stormcloaks. Is the empire any better? Is it? Leaving country's like morrowind in ruin with out any aid? Giving Hammerfell too the Thalmor? Banning the worship of the god that started the empire of the third era? I'd rather follow a racist then someone who abandoned its people.

The argument was that Stormcloaks are racist. I am not arguing that other races/factions are not. The Argonians and Khajiit races actually have some sort of rivalry between them which I dont know all the details of. I think it has to do with like some argonians from black marsh tried to take parts of elsweyr? Maybe its the other way around. Maybe its not that at all. Idk.